Recently I posted about my brother sending me some lyrics and my interpretation not really working for him. We ended up talking it through, and I had a clearer vision of what he was looking for. Everyone’s happy.
It’s almost like he sent me the words, I knitted a halloween costume (music) to drape over the words, he wanted green instead of orange, so I knitted (or “crocheted”… even “macrame’d” will work perfectly fine for this metaphor) a green one for him.
So now I have this orange knitted halloween costume lying in the corner. I could ignore it forever, if it weren’t really that nice. But if it actually looks pretty good, then I could always come up with a different use for it. I could always write some words of my own to drape this costume over.
That’s what happened today.
And I’m thrilled with the results. This means that we now have 9 songs completed for the new album.
By the way, a new song idea (keyboard) fell into my lap a few days ago while working on something else, and last night I started to pull it together with drums and guitar parts. No lyrics yet, but I’m not worried. There’s no rush. It’s Friday night. The pizza dough is rising. The sauce is melding on the stovetop.
By this summer, we’re going to have one awesome pizza of an album!